Monday 6 January 2014

Dos Mil Catorce

Last year when I came back from Christmas vacation I set out some goals for the coming year.

I had started this blog in late 2011, so 2013, was only my second full calendar year of bogging. I wanted it to be the year I took the blog up a notch.

And despite having a drastically curtailed cooking regime due to a new baby, I totally did this. 2013 was pretty much a completely upward trajectory (apart from some dead chile plants).

So what do I want from 2014?

The obvious answer would be to take it up yet another level. Except I don't actually know what that would mean.

Last year I broke 10,000 pageviews, I connected with just about everyone involved with Mexican food in the UK, I got loads of free food. There's actually not a lot more to accomplish.

On the other hand, "keep up the good work" isn't a very exciting goal for the coming year.

So instead of a set of "hard" goals, I'm going to propose a couple of "softer" New Year's Resolutions.

1) Post my backlog, especially all that stuff I cooked last summer.

This should be fairly easy, and should keep me posting regularly while I get to grips with...

2) Cook more

I had a good reason for less cooking last year, and my son is still quite wee, so I'm not going back to my pre-baby schedule for a while yet, but I should be able to do more cooking this year.

Give me at least six months to get this started though.

In addition to these two very achievable things, I would like to make another video and create a map of every Mexican food supplier in the UK so my readers never need to wonder where to get corn husks or achiote seeds.

In the meantime, stay tuned for the first of my "lost" summer posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment